Monday, October 29, 2012

MUST-HAVE Education Apps for iPads!

As more iPads find their way into classrooms around the world, teachers scramble to find apps to fit their course curriculum. 

Everyone has his/her favorites of course, but what are some popular ones already in use and highly recommended?  In this link are some highly praised ones that might fit in any classroom with ease:
APPS for iPADS 

Five apps are FREE and the other five are between $.99 and $9.99.  One plus with tablets and iPads is the cost of software applications is minimal at most.  This cost figure allows a classroom teacher to build an iPad library even with a tight school budget.  Further, most apps are FREE with only upgrades costing money.

One that struck my fancy was Blackboard Mobile Learn.  It is free and would allow me to set up supplemental support site for my university students.  Through this site, I can post assignments and keep students current with due dates, post readings, and other notices.  As with all apps I run across, if I encounter a problem in navigating it (rarely the case), I have no problem asking students for assistance.  Another one I like, which is not here, is SHOWME which is a free whiteboard app with many possibilities including downloading photos and other graphics.

Have fun exploring the choices:)

Denise

Acer A200 Iconia Tablet, 16 GB, Titanium Gray XE.H8QPN.001 (Google Affiliate Ad)

ELL TEACHER PROS


No comments:

Post a Comment