Sunday, November 28, 2010

Support for Teachers of ELLs and Struggling Students:)

Reading Comprehension and English Language Learners by Ellen Douglas

This is the first of three well written articles on supporting ELLs as they try to improve their reading comprehension in English. http://www.learnnc.org/lp/editions/ell-readcomp0708/

I was very impressed with the quality of the articles and especially with the use of graphic organizers along with examples of how they should be used. All too often, teachers are provided with lots of the graphic organizers, but little insight into how to most effectively use them. This article from UNC at Chapel Hill fills in those gaps so that the teacher garners more than enough information to run with it:)LinkLink

Further, by clicking on the hyperlinks in the articles, you will see actual classroom examples of the organizers used at different grade levels and different content areas.

I am so impressed with this that I intend to share it with teachers I am presently coaching at my site!

Again, please feel free to share suggestions that I could pass on t

Denise

www.ellteacherpros.com

No comments:

Post a Comment