Monday, November 8, 2010

Slowly Making Progress in Coaching Cycle:)

Well, I have contacted 4 teachers whom the AP wants me to look in on. Fortunately, I have had time to occasionally sit in on their classes from time to time (and always in the same period) so I have a good sense of their teaching styles and the personalities of their classes. Each teacher has certain areas of the curriculum that they especially enjoy teaching (no surprise here), but that love might not always pass on to the students. So, my goal might be to support them in finding/creating/developing new approaches that will convey their enthusiasm about the subject to the students. How to broach this is still open. I will probably begin with a general statement about how well behaved their kids are (and they are) and then have them share what aspects of their course they REALLY love. From there, I will listen, suggest when asked, and then help them layout a plan.

I think I am looking forward to this:)

Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment